- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
No Closer To Rent Relief, Hyde Park Residents Gather To ‘Evict’ Landlord Mac Properties
For months, residents of Mac Properties buildings say they've asked the landlord for help with rent amid the coronavirus pandemic. But their pleas have been ignored, they said.
Hyde Park Landlords Are Still Moving To Evict Tenants During Coronavirus Shutdown
TLC Property Management filed 38 eviction complaints in Chicago since the beginning of April, while Mac Properties filed 11 since March 5.
Hyde Park Landlord Forces Tenants Who Need Rent Relief To Sign Nondisclosure Agreements
If you lost income due to the coronavirus crisis and want to negotiate with Mac Properties, you also have to promise not to say anything bad about the landlord in public.
Hyde Park Tenants Say Mac Properties Is ‘Stonewalling’ Renters Who Need Relief, Stage Rent Strike
Mac is "not a mom-and-pop landlord" and can afford to forgive rent while still paying its employees, one community organizer said.
With Rent Strike Looming, Mac Properties Offers Options To Struggling Tenants But Won’t Forgive Rent
The major Hyde Park landlord said tenants can enter a payment plan, transfer to a cheaper apartment or pursue "a path to lease termination."
Hyde Park Tenants Might Stage Rent Strike If Mac Properties Doesn’t Cancel April Rents
"There's an upswing in people's willingness to talk about rent strikes because people are literally in an emergency," one organizer said.