- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
With Plans To Convert Palmer Mansion Into A Black Media Archive, The Groups Based Out Of Its Coach House Push To Continue Their Work
The Obsidian Collection plans to buy the Palmers' mansion at 3656 S. King Drive and the adjacent coach house, which is home to two organizations founded by Lu Palmer.
Residential Museum Ban Would Be ‘Death Knell’ For South Side Preservation, Black History Museums And Gallery Spaces, Critics Say
If Ald. Sophia King's proposal passes, it would restrict cultural projects at the Emmett Till residence, the Lu and Jorja Palmer mansion, the Phyllis Wheatley Home and other small libraries and gallery spaces.
In Bronzeville, A Push To Preserve Historic Lu Palmer Mansion — And Chicago’s Black Media Legacy
The 133-year-old mansion at 3654 S. King Drive has been vacant for nearly two decades. The Obsidian Collection is ready to buy the home and turn it into a museum, library and archive for Black journalists and content creators.