Lu Palmer Mansion
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Bronzeville’s Obsidian Collection Faces The Public As It Pushes To Turn Palmer Mansion Into Its New Home
After a year of delays, the team behind the Palmer Mansion renovation unveiled their plan to residents at a spirited public meeting.
Owner Of Historic Lu Palmer Mansion Says Ald. King Is Stalling Planned Black Media Archive, Community Center At Site
Angela Ford accused King of blocking her proposal to open a museum in the 133-year-old home. King said Ford is misrepresenting the scope of the project, calling it "a Soho House next to your home."
Plan To Crack Down On Home Museums Scrapped After Fierce Opposition From Artists, Historians
Ald. Sophia King said there was a "highly coordinated campaign” against the ordinance, and she criticized Ald. Michele Smith and Mayor Lori Lightfoot for their opposition to it.