- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
West Side Pentecostal Church Of Holiness May Soon Become A City Landmark
A city commission unanimously approved recommending Pentecostal Church of Holiness for landmark status. Another city committee and the City Council must vote on it to be final.
90-Year-Old West Side Church Moves Closer To Landmark Status: ‘North Lawndale Is Not A Wasteland; It Is A Promised Land’
Pentecostal Church of Holiness moved into what was originally a Catholic parish serving a mostly Czech population and today serves a hub for the surrounding community.
West Side’s Historical Central Park Theater Being Restored To Former Glory — And Getting New Life As A Community Hub
The century-old Central Park Theater was preserved by a community church that transformed it into a house of worship.
90-Year-Old West Side Church Awarded Preservation Grant For Legacy As Community Anchor
The building started as Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church and has served as a hub for the Black community since the '60s. Today, the Pentecostal Church of Holiness continues that legacy.
Edgewater’s Ken Nordine Mansion Gets Preliminary Landmark Status Over Owner’s Objections
The family of late jazz poet Ken Nordine is seeking to demolish his former mansion, but the city stopped those efforts.