- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Kam Buckner, A South Side State Rep, Is Running For Mayor
Serving a diverse district from the Gold Coast to the Southeast Side "has been incredibly telling," Buckner said. "It's given me a very clear view into what happens when we have a tale of two cities."
‘Passports For Peace’ Aims To Prevent Violence In South Shore By Showing At-Risk Residents Another Way To Live
Passports for Peace, led by activist William Calloway, will offer out-of-town trips, job training, trusted mentorship and social media monitoring in an effort to prevent violence in South Shore.
After 15-Year-Old Is Nearly Kidnapped In South Shore, Activists Say More Must Be Done To Protect Black Girls
In addition to the attempted abduction, an 18-year-old woman was fatally shot March 13 and a 33-year-old Black trans woman was found dead inside a trash can Sunday.
New South Shore Small Business Center Will Help Entrepreneurs Recover From Pandemic
The center, operated through the South Shore Chamber, is one of seven that recently opened across Illinois.
State Legislators Discuss Police Reform, Businesses’ Response To Looting At Hyde Park/Kenwood Forum
Two lawmakers now are calling for an emergency legislative session to address police reform and the rebuilding of communities following a week of unrest.
South Side Lakefront Erosion Has Been Ignored For Too Long, Neighbors Say. Now, They’re Demanding Answers
All Illinoisans who "enjoy the precious natural resource that is our lakefront" should get involved in the lakefront protection effort, state Rep. Curtis Tarver said.