- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Chicago Teachers Union President Jesse Sharkey To Step Down In June
Sharkey said he will return to the classroom in the fall, though he did not rule out a possible mayoral run when asked. He is backing his second-in-command, Stacy Davis Gates, in a May union leadership election.
City And CTU Reach Tentative Pact — But Teachers Say An End To Strike Hinges On Making Up Days
If the mayor agrees, the deal potentially ends a two-week strike and sends the district’s 25,000 teachers back to work.
Lightfoot Slams Union Leaders Over Lack Of Urgency, But CTU Says ‘We’ve Been At This For 10 Months’
Day 2 of the teachers strike continues with no deal.
Union President Tells Chicago Parents To Prepare For ‘Short-Term’ Strike
The union’s Tuesday night announcement came just hours after Mayor Lori Lightfoot told reporters that she was ready to write staffing and class size promises into the union contract.
Start Saving Money To Prepare For A Strike, CTU Urges Teachers As Leaders Blast First Proposal
The city's contract with the Chicago Teachers Union expires June 30.