Jean Baptiste Point Du Sable Drive
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
‘DuSable Lake Shore Drive’ Name Change Compromise Could Get Sealed By City Council Friday
The City Council is back Friday after a chaotic Wednesday meeting got pushed back. Meanwhile, 22 aldermen sent Mayor Lori Lightfoot a letter asking her to follow City Council procedures.
Lake Shore Drive Could Be Renamed Du Sable Drive Today As City Council Prepares To Vote
City Council will consider changing the iconic drive's name over Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s objections.
Lake Shore Drive Renamed Du Sable Drive? Name Change Approved By Key City Committee
The name change will now go before the full City Council — over Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s objections.
Aldermen Clash In Heated Hearing Over Proposal To Rename Lake Shore Drive For Jean Baptiste Point Du Sable
The long-stalled discussion prompted Ald. David Moore and Ald. Ed Burke to argue over the prospect of thousands of residents having to change their addresses.
Proposal To Rename Lake Shore Drive For Jean Baptiste Point Du Sable Stalled Again
A hearing to consider the ordinance, introduced more than a year ago, is scheduled for Friday, but no vote is expected.
Aldermen Consider Push To Rename Lake Shore Drive For Jean Baptiste Point Du Sable
Du Sable, who was of African descent, is considered the first permanent non-Indigenous settler in Chicago.