- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Bucktown Man With Arsenal And Domestic Violence History Gets Probation, But Victims Grateful Charge Is ‘Something That Sticks’
James Mather was arrested for possession of a slew of weapons while out on bond for attacks on two former girlfriends. “I’m relieved that it’s not expungeable," one victim said. "Women and others ... will know who they are dealing with."
Alleged Abuser Caught With Arsenal Can’t Move Case To Veterans Court, Judge Rules
“I’m relieved he cannot game the system. His case did not deserve to be in Veterans Court,” one victim said.
Man With Domestic Abuse History Wants His Gun ‘Arsenal’ Charges Moved To Veterans Court
If his request is granted, James Mather could get probation and a chance to expunge his record. His victims called the move "desperate."
Judge Hikes Gun Charge Bond For Domestic Abuser From $5,000 To $100,000 As Prosecutors Reach Out To Previous Victims
James Mather was fitted with an electronic monitoring device after his bond amount was increased and he made bail.
Police Are Cracking Down On Gun Owners With Revoked FOID Cards, But Penalties Remain Lax, CPD Says
The State Police move to revoke FOID cards when it's notified of an order of protection. Most people don't turn in their guns willingly, but CPD is seeking them out.
Man Caught By Cops With Arsenal Also Battered His Exes, They Say. But He Walked Away With A Misdemeanor Plea Deal.
James Mather had two pending domestic battery cases when he was caught with a slew of illegal guns, police say. He was released — and his exes don't think he'll stop.