- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
City Watchdog Finds Black Applicants To Police Department Are Least Likely To Be Invited To Academy
Despite making up 37 percent of the initial applicant pool, Black applicants from 2016-2018 represented just 18 percent of those invited to join the police academy, the report showed. But reforms have since been enacted.
Chicago Police Continue To Use ‘Seriously Flawed’ Gang Database Despite Pledging An Overhaul 2 Years Ago, Watchdog Finds
"For Chicagoans impacted by an opaque and procedurally flawed system, time is short — and two years is a very long time," said one official with the Inspector General's Office.
Animal Control Employee Sexually Assaulted 2 Coworkers, City Watchdog Says
An animal control worker was fired and a supervisor was suspended for failing to report the sexual assault to his superior, the city's Inspector General's report states.
Chicago’s Inspector General Slams Police For Failing To Maintain ‘Do-Not-Hire’ List Or Enact Other Reforms
Among other complaints, Inspector General Joe Ferguson said the Police Department hasn’t used an anonymous complaint portal created to end the “code of silence” and hasn't realigned police beats in 50 years.