- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
After Lurie Children’s Pledges To Stop Surgeries On Intersex Kids, Activists Urge Other Hospitals To Follow
"This is a watershed moment," said Sean Saifa Wall, cofounder of the Intersex Justice Project.
Activists Rejoice As Lurie Children’s Hospital Vows To Stop Genital Surgeries On Intersex Children: ‘We’re Not Used To Victories’
For decades, intersex activists have called on the hospital to stop performing medically unnecessary surgeries on children born with sex characteristics that don't fit traditional definitions of male or female.