I Am Able
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
West Side Mental Health Groups Are Building A System To Stop People In Crisis From Being Needlessly Hospitalized
The system will have a range of mental health services, like a mobile crisis response team that can meet people where they're at to deescalate an emergency.
West Siders Aim To Bring Holiday Cheer To Lawndale With Neighborhood Lights Display — And They Need Your Help
For the second annual Light Up Lawndale event, neighbors are seeking donations and volunteers to help them illuminate Douglas Boulevard.
‘Living Room’ Coming To West Side Will Be An Alternative To The ER For People With A Mental Health Crisis
"The goal is to prevent people from going to the emergency room unnecessarily. We know what happens with our people: They're in a mental health crisis and they end up in jail," said Carolyn Vessel, CEO of I AM ABLE.
West Side Seniors Are Trapped Inside Because Of Recent Snowstorms. They Need Your Help To Clear The Sidewalks
Block clubs and churches need help clearing out snow for older people and those with disabilities, who have been unable to get out of their homes because of the weather.
Food Pantry Works With Block Clubs To Deliver Groceries To West Side Seniors
The food pantry is using the relationship-driven model of the block club program organized by I AM ABLE to deliver groceries to seniors in need.