Hyde Park Historical Society
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Hyde Park Chamber Marks Centennial By Inviting Neighbors To Share Stories About Century Of Local Businesses
Neighborhood historians interviewed longtime business owners, and Hyde Parkers can sign up to share their own reflections Thursday.
Amateur Photographer Selling Hyde Park Calendar To Support Neighborhood Historical Society
With help from his family, East Hyde Park resident Timothy Murphy is selling $10 calendars featuring his photography of the neighborhood. A portion from each sale will be donated to the Hyde Park Historical Society.
Obama Center Federal Review ‘Far From Complete’ As Stakeholders Remain Divided
A final plan to address the Obama Center's adverse effects on Jackson Park is expected "sometime this fall," but that "is not a hard-and-fast answer," a spokesman said.
Thinking Of The Future, Hyde Park Historical Society Wants To Preserve Your Records Of Coronavirus Pandemic
"Future generations are going to ask about [the pandemic], so it’s imperative for everyone to be able to talk about it," society treasurer Brigid Maniates said.
Timuel Black To Visit Hyde Park Union Church Sunday, Discussing His Century Of Life In Chicago
Black, who moved to Chicago exactly 100 years ago, will detail the city's black history, social justice movements and his personal experiences this weekend at the Hyde Park Union Church.