Hyde Park Arts Center
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
South Side Community Art Center To Be Honored With Shows By Faheem Majeed
The South Side Community Art Center "is not a mausoleum. It's a temple, which means it's still producing," said Majeed, an artist and former executive director of the center.
CPS Students Use Wood From Boarded-Up Downtown Bank To Tell Their Stories With New Mural
"Familiarity — or even just mere exposure — to people who aren't like oneself can go a long way to reducing prejudice and presumptions."
The South Side Community Arts Center Helped Artist Faheem Majeed Grow. Now, He’s Paying It Forward
With a $50,000 Joyce Foundation grant, Majeed aims to spread the word about an undervalued South Side institution through art.
With $25,000 Award, South Shore Designer Norman Teague Wants To Open An Accessible South Side Art Studio
"I have so many friends that are like, 'Oh my God, there isn't a work studio on the South Side that's affordable or feasible or accessible,'" Teague said. "I'm investigating ways for that to happen."