- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
With The Obama Center Underway, Residents Say It’s Time To Protect Affordable Housing In South Shore
Organizers are calling on the city to invest at least $63.3 million in programs that assist South Shore renters and homeowners with repairs, housing costs, home purchases and more.
Hundreds Of Affordable Homes Coming To North Lawndale After City Approves $5.3 Million In Funding
The funds will go to the environmental remediation work that must happen on the lots before construction on the houses can begin.
Hundreds Of Homes To Be Built For Working-Class Families On West Side Vacant Lots: ‘How Do We Create Wealth For People Of Color?’
The mayor announced the city will sell 250 vacant lots for $1 to support the Reclaiming Communities Campaign to promote homeownership.
Want To Learn More About City’s New Rules On Coach Houses And Garden Units? Check Out Webinar Next Week
Starting May 1, property owners in five pilot areas can apply to add garden apartments, attic apartments and coach houses to their buildings.
West Side Apartment Building Bans Visitors, Leaving Moms With No Child Care: ‘My Kids Can’t Come To Work With Me’
Armed security guards tasked with enforcing the building's coronavirus rules pulled a gun on one visitor, a tenant said. Housing organizers say the lockdown is illegal.
City Says Woodlawn Residents’ Concerns Shaped Proposed Housing Ordinance, But Much Of Their Feedback Isn’t Public Yet
A Housing Department spokesperson said officials hope to post feedback gathered during the city's closed-door working group meetings by next week.