- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Pilsen Alderman Opens Office As Emergency Shelter To Help People Experiencing Homelessness
The Pilsen Food Pantry, 1850 S. Throop St., has opened its building as a warming center, too.
After His Volunteers Tossed Blankets And Food Of Man Who Is Homeless, Ald. Gardiner Says It Was A ‘Mistake’
Ald. Jim Gardiner initially praised his "Gardiner's Angels" volunteers for clearing "unnecessary debris." Neighbors hope the incident inspires others to be more compassionate.
Alderman Praises His ‘Gardiner’s Angels’ Volunteers For Tossing Blankets, Food Belonging To Man Who Is Homeless
Ald. Jim Gardiner (45th) said his volunteers cleared "unnecessary debris" from the Irving Park Blue Line station underpass — even though it was clearly someone's belongings.
Chicago’s Homeless Population Was Already On The Rise Before The Pandemic. Now, City Scrambles To Plan For Next Wave
When the statewide eviction moratorium is lifted, city officials expect to be grappling with another wave of homelessness. One alderman said the city needs to marshal "additional resources" to tackle the problem.