- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Another Fire In Uptown Tent City Destroys 3 Tents, Though Residents Vow To Remain
Residents of the encampments under DuSable Lake Shore Drive viaducts in Uptown said they're not to blame for recent fires that have caused Ald. James Cappleman (46th) to seek the camp's relocation.
Chicago’s Homeless Population Was Already On The Rise Before The Pandemic. Now, City Scrambles To Plan For Next Wave
When the statewide eviction moratorium is lifted, city officials expect to be grappling with another wave of homelessness. One alderman said the city needs to marshal "additional resources" to tackle the problem.
‘Everything’s Burned’: After Someone Sets Fire To 3 Homeless Encampments, Avondale Neighbors Rally To Help
Neighbors have donated tents, bedding and other supplies to help residents get back on their feet. "These are our neighbors just trying to survive in the harshest conditions," one said.
Homeless Shelters Will Now Get Visits From Nurses To Fight Coronavirus
Nurses will visit every shelter across the city to provide in-person education and screenings for the virus.
‘She’s A Bother To No One’: Bucktown Neighbors Angry At CTA For Removing A Bus Bench Where Homeless Woman Sleeps
The bus bench, which Maria uses as a bed, was removed over the weekend to the dismay of Bucktown neighbors. One of those neighbors replaced the bench with an old wooden one for now.