- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Rogers Park Shelter Operating In 100-Year-Old Auto Garage Gets Federal Funds For Much-Needed Renovation
Rep. Jan Schakowsky secured the federal funds for New Life Interim Shelter to propel the organization's first major renovation in 30 years. "I know they'll put this money to good use," Schakowsky said. "They do so much for the community."
Rogers Park’s New Life Housing Shelter, Operating For 30 Years Out Of Old Auto Shop, Seeks Help Funding Renovation: ‘We’re In Desperate Need’
New Life Interim Housing Shelter is hoping to break ground soon on a massive renovation of its homeless shelter, but it needs an additional $300,000.
Chicago’s Homeless Population Was Already On The Rise Before The Pandemic. Now, City Scrambles To Plan For Next Wave
When the statewide eviction moratorium is lifted, city officials expect to be grappling with another wave of homelessness. One alderman said the city needs to marshal "additional resources" to tackle the problem.
Homeless Shelters Will Now Get Visits From Nurses To Fight Coronavirus
Nurses will visit every shelter across the city to provide in-person education and screenings for the virus.