High Ridge YMCA
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
West Ridge’s Closed YMCA, Now A Migrant Shelter, Gets $3.75 Million For Renovation, Likely Reopening
The High Ridge YMCA received funding from the federal government two years after the facility closed to the public.
West Ridge’s Shuttered YMCA Being Used To House Migrants Bused In From Texas
The High Ridge YMCA can house 120 of the more than 750 asylum seekers bused to Chicago by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott. The YMCA chapter closed in 2021.
After Its Closure, West Ridge Neighbors Hope To Keep Former YMCA Building As Community Center
The High Ridge YMCA closed after 70 years in January. Neighbors don't want the building replaced with a for-profit business.
‘Save The High Ridge YMCA’: Neighbors, Aldermen Rally To Rescue Soon-To-Be-Closed Location
More than 200 community members went to a meeting to discuss the High Ridge Y's fate, but YMCA officials did not attend the event.
High Ridge YMCA To Close In January After Nearly 70 Years In West Ridge
"It’s going to disproportionately affect a neighborhood that relies on it for child care [and whose community is] made up of immigrants, people who are Black and people who are Brown,” one parent said.
West Ridge’s YMCA Debuts Women-Only Night To Help Religious Women Work Out
On select Saturday nights, no men are allowed in the gym so religious women can work out in a more comfortable setting.