Gyrls in the H.O.O.D.
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
At The H.O.O.D. House, Young Women Without Shelter Find A Safe Home: ‘This Is True Sisterhood’
While working with young, at-risk women on the South Side, Chez Smith realized many had nowhere to sleep — making it difficult to focus on anything else. She did something about it.
Backpack Giveaways, Prayer Circles And More At Englewood Event Saturday
Personal hygiene will be available for teen girls as well.
Young Victims Of Gun Violence To Be Mourned At ‘Gone, Too Soon’ Tribute Saturday
Community members are invited to share poetry, songs and other creative expressions to remember the lives of Chicago children lost to gun violence.
Black Women Killed By Police Are Too Often Forgotten, Organizers Of Friday Vigil Say: ‘We Have To Demand Respect’
The Gone, But Not Forgotten event aims to unite Black women and encourage them to raise their voices. "I want us to learn how to protect each other," organizers said.
Like Pizza And Love Empowering Young Women? Check Out This Fundraiser
Customers will be able to donate 20 percent of their bill towards the Gyrls in the H.O.O.D. Foundation, which promotes reproductive education for teens and young women.