- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
West Side Teacher Who Uses Real Life Lessons To Teach Social Studies Wins Golden Apple Award
"It's not only teaching people about the past, but it is also giving them the belief they can change things," Westinghouse College Prep teacher Robert Davis said.
Lakeview Teacher Who Created Protest Music Lesson Plan After George Floyd’s Murder Wins Golden Apple
Puja Ramaswamy, a choir teacher at Lake View High School, was surprised with the prestigious Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching while rehearsing Tuesday for an upcoming concert.
North Side Teacher Who Brought ‘1619 Project’ Into His Classroom Is A Finalist For Golden Apple Award
“You can teach about racism, systemic racism, and you can always point a finger somewhere else. ... But good literature doesn’t do that. It forces you to look at yourself," said Northside College Prep teacher Alan Hennagir.
South Side Golden Apple Award Winner Hopes To Bring More Black Men Into Teaching
Michael Stewart, who teaches at LEARN South Chicago, is among 10 teachers to be honored with the prestigious award this year.
Logan Square Deaf Education Teacher Surprised With Golden Apple Award
Salmon P. Chase Public School teacher Colleen McKenna has taught deaf education for 15 years and volunteers after hours to teach sign language to non-hearing impaired students.
John B. Murphy Elementary School Teacher Wins Golden Apple Award And $5,000
“It’s a tremendous honor and I hope to do you all proud," Jenine Wehbeh told colleagues Friday morning.