- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Developers Could Pay A $15,000 Fee To Tear Down Homes In Pilsen And Along The 606
The proposal is the latest effort by Mayor Lori Lightfoot and aldermen to slow displacement in gentrifying neighborhoods.
Development Without Gentrification: Garfield Green Housing Plan Aims To Spur Growth, Maintain Affordability On West Side
Historically, transit-oriented development has been centered in more affluent areas. A new plan for rapidly gentrifying Garfield Park puts longtime residents first.
Pilsen Alderman Says Mayor Lightfoot Should Apologize For Comments About The Neighborhood
"Pilsen 10 years ago was a neighborhood we all would have been a little concerned about being in after dark,” Lightfoot said.
Owners Of New Albany Park Cafe Saddened After Activist Group Attacks Them As ‘Gentrifiers’
“We are sensitive to the issue of gentrification and do not want to be disrupters, but rather a community-focused business," said Khepri Cafe's owner.
Anti-Gentrification Activists To Recreate Jesus’ Entry Into Jerusalem During Affordable Housing Event
“Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem was about overturning the 'powers-that-be' that keep systems of injustice thriving," said Rev. Erin Coleman Branchaud.
Aldermen Vote To Approve Pilsen, Little Village Affordable Housing Program — But Was It Legal?
Ald. Raymond Lopez thinks a Pilsen affordable housing ordinance is a bad idea, and used a parliamentary move to block it — but aldermen pressed on anyway.