Garfield Park Wellness Collaborative
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
A West Side Vacant Lot Will Soon Become A Roller Rink And Community Plaza
The roller rink will be built along a troubled street in an effort to use public investment and community engagement to deter crime and help revitalize the area.
With Black Culture Week, West Siders Commemorate Juneteenth While Focusing On Wellness And The Ongoing Fight For Equity
The weeklong festival was organized by West Side neighborhood groups and runs through Sunday. "Health and wellness is part of Juneteenth inherently because of what freedom means. It is connected to repair — repair from the harm that has been done and continues to be done."
West Side Roller Rink Plan Aims To Reclaim Area From Violent Crime, But Some Worry It’ll Put Kids In Harm’s Way
West Garfield Park residents can weigh in on the plan at a town hall Monday night.
What Would A Thriving Madison Street And Pulaski Road Look Like? West Side Groups Launch Plan To Revitalize Corridors
By bringing back critical resources to the commercial corridors, organizers aim to help West Garfield Park residents live longer, healthier lives — and to close the area's death gap.