Friends of the Parks
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Lakefront Dump Site Opposed By Park Advocates, Southeast Siders Hasn’t Had A Valid Pollution Permit Since May 31
The site, which stores polluted sediment dredged from the river and five other waterways in Chicago, has been operating without a valid pollution control permit all month.
This Earth Day, Fight To Save The Southeast Side From Pollution, Advocates Urge: ‘This Neighborhood Is A Sacrifice Zone’
Neighbors are engaged in two fights — one to stop the expansion of a waste facility and another to keep a metal shredder from moving to their neighborhood.
Want To Avoid Crowds But Be In Nature? Social Distance In These 10 Chicago Parks
Officials have said it's OK to head to the park, but people should keep their visits short and abide by social distancing and hygiene guidelines while there.
Change To Allow Cell Towers In City Parks Alarms Park Groups Who Say There Was No Community Input
An ordinance to allow "freestanding facilities" up to 150 feet tall in city parks was submitted to City Council Sept. 18, but activist groups say no one informed them of the proposal until Monday.