Friends Of The Chicago River
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Neighbors Say General Iron Pollution Puts Them More At Risk During Coronavirus Crisis, But Scrapper Says It’s ‘Essential’
The owner of General Iron said the scrap metal yard is an essential business. Neighbors, including Ald. Brian Hopkins (2nd), disagree.
Swimming In The Chicago River? It’s Not A Wise Choice, Experts Say — But That Didn’t Stop This Backflipper
The river is "pretty clean" most of the time, said the person who recorded the man's dip, but he's worried there could have been sewage backed up into it during the man's swim due to recent storms.
The End of Chicago’s Only ‘Waterfall’ Marks A New Beginning For Life On The River
Don't go chasing waterfalls — Chicago doesn't have one anymore. The 100-year-old four-foot dam is being torn down.