- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
After Years Of Disrepair, A West Side Mini-Golf Course Will Soon Reopen As A Bird-Themed Public Art Project
Teens designed the mini-golf course as an educational attraction that will focus on bird wildlife native to the Midwest prairie.
West Side Park Officially Renamed For Frederick And Anna Murray Douglass
The Park District finalized the renaming after previously stripping the name of Civil War-era Senator Stephen A. Douglas from the park.
How Did These Students Get The City To Change The Name Of Douglass Park? They Built Collective Power And Didn’t Back Down
Students made history by pushing city officials to rename Douglas Park. They shared the lessons they learned with Block Club Chicago — and gave advice to other young organizers.
Douglas Park Will Be Renamed For Frederick Douglass, But Students Pushing For Change Say They Were Left Out
Youth organizers were not notified about the board meeting and were not invited to speak with the board about their proposal before it voted.
Stephen Douglas Park Is Now Frederick Douglass Park Thanks To A Rogue Painter Who Changed The Signs
After years of asking the Park District to rename Douglas Park to no avail, someone took matters into their own hands.