- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Pullman And Roseland Community Bike Ride Mixing History And Halloween Fun This Weekend
The ride will feature stops at notable Pullman and Roseland locations, such as Roseland's Old Fashioned Donuts and the Pullman National Monument and State Historic Site.
Cyclists In Black Neighborhoods Are 8 Times More Likely To Be Ticketed By Cops, New Study Shows
Over 90 percent of tickets are for riding on the sidewalk. But on the South and West sides, where bike infrastructure is lacking, riding can be dangerous — and it's kept cycling from catching on, advocates said.
West Side Community Bike Ride Saturday Will Be ‘A Symbol Of Peace’ For Local Youth
A community expo beforehand will offer free haircuts, books and sports equipment for kids. Parents will also be able to sign up their kids for summer youth programs.
Moving Freely Exhibit At West Side Mini-Museum Explores How Transportation Access Impacts Racial Equity
The monthlong exhibit examines how mobility, transit and freedom of movement intersect with social issues facing residents of North Lawndale.
Churchgoers And Bicyclists In Fight Over Parking In Bronzeville Bike Lanes — But A Compromise May Be Coming
One proposal was to use the boulevard's median as bike lanes during the day and parking at night to accommodate church attendees.
‘Bike The Shore’ Aims To Get South Shore Residents In Touch With Their Lakefront And Their Bodies — If The Weather Cooperates
If you don't have a bike, organizers will have 15 Divvy bikes reserved. You must RSVP with the Black United Fund of Illinois by 4 p.m. Thursday to reserve a bike.