- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Empty Bottle Returns With Live Performances — And Discounted Tickets For Fans In Need
Half-price "Community Access" tickets are "intended for diehard fans with restricted disposable income."
‘Every Chicago Band Is Losing Their Biggest Fan’: Late Drummer Alejandro Morales Remembered As A ‘Beacon Of Light’
Morales, 46, died over the weekend in Puerto Rico while visiting family. He spent his free time doing accounting for social justice nonprofits and helping youth of color get into the music industry.
Public Invited To Virtual Memorial For Late Chicago Music Fixture, Activist Christen Thomas
Thomas, 38, died in April after a cardiac arrest. With the pandemic limiting funeral services, her loved ones say this will be a much-needed chance for closure.
First To Close, Last To Open: Will Chicago’s Independent Music Venues Survive The Coronavirus?
The owners of Chicago's music venues say federal relief efforts won't help them survive unless changes are made — and they're asking music fans to amplify their message.
Christen Thomas, A Fixture In Chicago’s Music Scene And ‘Cheerleader’ For The City, Dies At 38: ‘A Huge Loss’
“Nothing ever stopped her from doing what she wanted because everything she wanted was good and pure and for the betterment of the people around her."
Chicago’s Indie Music Venues Need Your Help. Here’s A List Of Fundraisers
From Hyde Park to Uptown to Logan Square, Chicago’s independent music venues are struggling because of the coronavirus shutdown.