elected school board
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Chicago Is Getting An Elected School Board As Pritzker Signs Bill Lightfoot Had Fought
Chicago Public Schools will first go through a transition phase where it will be overseen by a mixed board, with all the members to be elected by 2027.
In Haste, Illinois Senate Passes Compromise Bill For An Elected School Board In Chicago
Mayor Lori Lightfoot opposes an elected board and made a late push for a board that would be partially elected and partially appointed.
Hybrid Or Elected School Board? Lightfoot Proposal Stirs Debate In Springfield
Sen. Kimberly Lightford said she will sponsor the mayor’s bill for a partly elected and partly appointed “hybrid” board. But Wednesday, Lightford criticized a bill to create a fully elected board, then voted for it.
Elected School Board Bill To Get A Renewed Push In The Illinois Legislature
Elected school boards exist in 90 percent of school districts across the country, according to a Pew Charitable Trusts study.
Elected School Board Approved By House — Again
Will the third time be the charm for those working to end mayoral control of Chicago’s schools?