- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
The City Spent Millions To Fix A West Side Library. But Just 3 Years Later, Water Damage, Soggy Books And Mold Return
The city spent $2.15 million to renovate the Douglass Branch Library in 2018 after neighbors fought for improvements. The building is once again in a soggy state, and the city will spend $1.2 million more to fix its problems.
After Years Of Neglect, North Lawndale’s New And Improved Library Is Open — Thanks To Neighbors Who Fought For It
For decades, North Lawndale residents have pointed to their crumbling local library as proof of the city's neglect of the West Side.