dinner and a movie
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Lincoln Park’s Dinner And A Movie Loses License; Owner Says Neighborhood ‘Targeted’ The Popular Spot For Black Dining
The business was operating more like a club than a restaurant, officials said. But the owner said the city did little to help him as he tried to tackle problems and create a space for "Black love."
In Lincoln Park, White Neighbors Have Been Calling Cops On Black-Owned Restaurant Since Day One, Owner Says
Dinner and a Movie has reopened after someone fired shots outside last month. But well before that, cops were showing up daily, its owner said. “For the neighbors, I feel like it’s too many Black people."
Lincoln Park’s Dinner And A Movie Restaurant Shut Down After A Fight, Mace And A Volley Of Gunfire
Ald. Scott Waguespack (32nd) wants city officials to investigate the business, which he said is not operating as a restaurant as advertised. Neighbors have been complaining about the business for weeks.