- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Neon Dinkel’s Sign Being Auctioned Off After Century-Old Bakery’s Closure
The vertical neon Dinkel's sign was listed on an auction website with a starting bid of $5,000. The famous bakery closed April 30 after more than 100 years in business.
Over 5,000 Dinkel’s Doughnuts Fly Off The Shelf Wednesday Morning After Iconic Bakery Announces It Will Close
Dinkel's may be closing April 30, but its pastries will live on for much longer as customers said they planned to fill up their freezers to make the memories last.
A Secret Society Of Chicago Bakers Meets Every Month — And It’s Keeping Beloved Bakeries Alive
The Bakers Dozen was founded in the 1930s. Its members — beloved bakery owners — meet in secret once per month to sample each other's goods, catch up and help keep their businesses alive.
Dinkel’s Bakery For Sale? Popular German Bakery Lists Property, But It Isn’t Closing, Broker Says
The firm that listed the Lakeview bakery said its owners are "just evaluating their options," which could include selling the property and relocating the store.