- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Southwest Side Environmental Advocates Ask Pritzker To Halt Damen Silos Sale To MAT Asphalt Owner
Groups have opposed selling the silos to a business group owned by Michael Tadin Jr. "The sale of public land deserves public comment," advocates wrote in a public letter.
Sale Of Damen Silos To MAT Asphalt Owner Protested By McKinley Park Environmental Group
“If the state wants to sell this property, the community must be at the table,” members of the group tweeted.
Damen Silos, Beloved By Urban Explorers, To Be Sold To MAT Asphalt Owner
Michael Tadin Jr. is planning a headquarters for his business at the site and anticipates “millions of dollars more” investment, but he declined to say what his specific plans are.
Damen Silos, Spot Beloved By Urban Explorers, Put Up For Sale By State — Opening Bid Is $3.25 Million
The silos have been beloved by urban explorers for years, with so many people stopping by to take pictures or film videos that it felt like "a Chicago tourist destination," one said.