County County Sheriff’s Department
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
People In Jails, Prisons Will Be Vaccinated In Next Phase, State Confirms After Advocates’ Push
Dozens of groups demanded the state act more quickly to protect prisoners and detainees, who now are in line to be vaccinated in the second round of immunizations. The policy change is "a major victory," an advocate said.
Officials ‘Did Nothing’ To Prevent Latest Coronavirus Outbreak In Jail, Guards And Advocates Say
Officers and supporters of inmates are furious with the way Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart has handled the pandemic in the jail.
Cook County Runs Out Of Electronic Monitoring Devices; Detainees Cleared For Release Now Stuck In Jail
Efforts to quickly release detainees from the coronavirus hot spot, where more than 500 detainees have been infected, have created the shortage.
Photo Of Inmates Clearing Snow In Prison Jumpsuits Sparks Outrage, But Sheriff’s Office Says Men Were Warm (And Being Paid)
The person who took the photo said the inmates were not properly dressed for the frigid weather, but the sheriff's office disputes that claim.