Communities Partnering 4 Peace
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
West Side Violence Interrupters Working To Bring Hope, Purpose To Young Residents — Before They Pick Up A Gun
Three years ago, the city dedicated less than $1 million to violence prevention. But this year, $36 million is going to violence prevention and related programs, on top of at least $38 million from private organizations.
Street Outreach Groups Join Forces In Lawndale To ‘Interrupt Violence Deep In The Trenches’
The collaborative of violence prevention groups is focusing on North Lawndale to scale up street outreach work.
After Hundreds Of Complaints, Rogers Park ‘Open Air Drug Market’ Near Howard ‘L’ Stop Busted By Police, Officials Say
Eighteen people were arrested under Operation End of the Line. Now, Ald. Maria Hadden is looking for holistic ways to end drug dealing in the area.
Turkey Giveaways Planned For Rogers Park, Uptown This Week
Local nonprofits A Just Harvest, ONE Northside and Communities Partnering 4 Peace are hosting Thanksgiving food giveaways.
At Rogers Park Anti-Violence March, Neighbors Seek Truce Between Feuding Gangs
The march will start Saturday at two gang territories before joining for a unity rally at Loyola Beach.
If City Wants Gun Violence To Drop 20%, It Must Invest In Prevention Programs, Activists Say
Though Mayor Lori Lightfoot's 2020 budget increased violence prevention funding by nearly $10 million, organizers say that's still not enough to reach their goal.