- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Douglas Park Will Be Renamed For Frederick Douglass, But Students Pushing For Change Say They Were Left Out
Youth organizers were not notified about the board meeting and were not invited to speak with the board about their proposal before it voted.
Will Douglas Park Be Renamed For Frederick Douglass? After Years Of Student Activism, Park District Calls Emergency Meeting To Decide
West Side students lobbied the city to rename the park for years to no avail. But after protesters tried to pull down the Columbus statue, the city is listening.
Protesters Demanding Columbus Statue Be Torn Down Stop Traffic In South Loop Intersection For Hours
Activists said they won't rest until Mayor Lightfoot orders the statue to come down. "She will be hearing us and if she refuses to, then we’ll make her whole neighborhood hear us because she’s gonna have to hear them.”
Will Columbus Statue Come Down After All? Mayor Says City Will ‘Examine’ All City Monuments
Chicago has few statues for Black people and women. Mayor Lori Lightfoot said the city needs to "correct that problem."
Teen Activist Miracle Boyd Recovering After Police Knocked Out Her Tooth At Protest: ‘He Walked Up To Me And Smacked Me’
A GoFundMe to help Boyd raised nearly $84,000 in less than two days before halting donations.