- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
It’s Time To Replace Columbus Day With Indigenous Peoples’ Day In Illinois, Activists Say At Monday Rally
“When Columbus is honored, it further diminishes Native people, our history and culture,” one organizer said.
Lincoln Square Native American Musical Showcase Part Of Push To Establish Indigenous Peoples’ Day In Chicago
The Old Town School of Folk Music is hosting its third annual Indigenous Peoples’ Day Concert Oct. 13.
Should Chicago Tear Down Columbus Statues And Other Monuments? Aldermen Planning Ordinance To Do That
Two aldermen want to remove the city's two Christopher Columbus statues and the Balbo monument outside of Soldier Field, and they hope to rename Douglas Park on the West Side.
Chicago Public Schools Ends Columbus Day, Will Celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day Instead
Columbus and his namesake holiday have long been controversial.