- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Claudio Velez, The Tamale Guy, Heads Home From Hospital After Long Coronavirus Fight: ‘Thank You Everyone!’
Chicagoans were devastated when Velez was placed on a ventilator in critical condition after contracting COVID-19 over the summer. Locals raised more than $56,000 for his medical bills.
Tamale Guy Chicago Restaurant Reopens Wednesday — But Claudio Velez Is Still Fighting Coronavirus
Staffers have tested negative for coronavirus and will reopen the restaurant Wednesday with strict rules to help protect employees and customers.
‘Tamale Guy’ Claudio Velez Sick With Coronavirus, But Fans Raise $48,000 To Help With Medical Bills
Velez became ill just weeks after opening his first restaurant in Ukrainian Village.
‘The Tamale Guy’ Restaurant Opens This Week In Ukrainian Village
“I am very excited, especially with everyone who helped make this dream possible. This has always been my dream," said Claudio Velez, the "Tamale Guy."
The Tamale Guy Is Opening A Ukrainian Village Restaurant
For almost two decades, Claudio Velez sold tamales out of a trademark red cooler outside bars. Now he's opening his first brick-and-mortar restaurant.