- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
South Chicago Redevelopment Projects Gets Major Commitment From Fifth Third Bank
Bank officials pledged up to $20 million in funds and services for affordable housing, shops and community programs in South Chicago, but a specific breakdown of the commitment is still a couple months out.
South Chicago’s Long-Planned Affordable Housing, Retail Development On 92nd Street Set To Open In 2 Years
Two projects on 92nd Street, one of which has been in the works for more than a decade, will bring 78 units of affordable housing with space for a grocery store alongside a Calumet River garden and play space.
Closed South Chicago YMCA Set For Revival With $26 Million Renovation Of Senior Apartments, Community Center
"This was really a hub of activity in the heart of South Chicago until the YMCA closed," the developer said.
$10 Million Chicago Prize Would Help ‘Forgotten Community’ Of South Chicago Rise Again
The area, which saw a 27 percent population drop after the South Works steel mill closed, would get new parks, housing and more if awarded the coveted prize.