City Lit Books
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
City Lit Is Open Again, With New Owner Pledging To Keep Logan Square Bookstore A Community Hub
Right around the same time the shop closed, longtime librarian Stephanie Kitchen was quietly working behind the scenes to reopen the beloved bookstore and keep the community hub alive.
City Lit Bookstore To Reopen In June Under New Ownership: ‘I Am So Eager To Welcome The Community Back’
Logan Square resident and longtime librarian Stephanie Kitchen is taking over the independent book store, which closed over the winter due to the pandemic.
Affordable Housing Complex Pitched For City Lit Books Site, Old Home Of Logan Square Blue Line Terminal
Evergreen Real Estate Group wants to bring 64 affordable housing apartments to the CTA-owned site at 2525 N. Kedzie Blvd. to combat gentrification-fueled displacement.
City Lit Book Store In Logan Square Closing Due To Coronavirus: ‘Revenues Have Fallen Dramatically’
It's the latest small business in Chicago to permanently close because of the coronavirus pandemic.