- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Columbus Statue’s Turbulent History Included State Funds, Design Feuds, Mussolini Message
The 33-foot statue stood in Grant Park since 1933, when it was erected for the new Chicago World’s Fair, the Century of Progress.
Protesters Try To Tear Down Columbus Statue In Chicago As Clashes Between Police, Activists Turn Violent
Protesters nearly toppled a Christopher Columbus statue in Grant Park before police intervened.
Should Chicago Tear Down Columbus Statues And Other Monuments? Aldermen Planning Ordinance To Do That
Two aldermen want to remove the city's two Christopher Columbus statues and the Balbo monument outside of Soldier Field, and they hope to rename Douglas Park on the West Side.
Columbus Statues Should Come Down, Activists Say — But Mayor, Italian Americans Want Them To Stay
"They all need to come down," one alderwoman tweeted.