Chicago Torture Justice Center
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Police Torture Survivors Pushing For Memorial Urge Mayoral Candidates To Support Effort
The memorial was promised as part of the city's 2015 reparations package. Two of the police torture survivors have died in the seven-year wait for it.
6 Years Later, Police Torture Survivors Are Still Waiting On The Memorial Chicago Promised Them
Under former Police Cmdr. Jon Burge, officers tortured at least 100 Black men into confessions over two decades.
How The Freedom Songbook Workshop Is Helping Victims Of Violence, Police Abuse Heal In Englewood
Through protest songs and empowering anthems, those touched by violence find an outlet in Englewood.