chicago community bond fund
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
As Cash Bond Is Abolished, Advocates Are Tackling Housing Insecurity To Help People Stay Out Of Jail
Lawndale Christian Legal Center and the Bail Project are helping people awaiting trial with addiction treatment, mental health help and workforce training. Now, they're adding housing to the mix.
With Cash Bond Ending In 2022, A New Program Will Use Social Services To Keep Communities Safe
The Community Release with Support program will prevent people awaiting trial from reoffending by offering services that address the root causes of crime, like joblessness and addiction.
8th Detainee Dies From Coronavirus As Cook County Jail Population Swells Again
Cook County Jail was home to one of the largest coronavirus clusters in the nation this spring. Now, cases are growing again, from a few dozen at the beginning of the month to 190 as of Tuesday.
‘No Pride Without Justice’: LGBTQ Group Raising Thousands For Black-Led Organizations
A Queer Pride's "No Pride Without Justice" campaign launched Monday and has already raised more than $5,000.