Chicago Coalition for the Homeless
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
With Dangerous Cold Coming, Chicagoans Who Are Homeless Scramble To Find Shelter, Supplies. Here’s How You Can Help
The coronavirus pandemic has made the situation more dire for people experiencing homelessness. Shelters had to reduce capacity, many people have lost jobs and housing and fewer people are out and about to offer help.
Chicago’s Homeless Population Was Already On The Rise Before The Pandemic. Now, City Scrambles To Plan For Next Wave
When the statewide eviction moratorium is lifted, city officials expect to be grappling with another wave of homelessness. One alderman said the city needs to marshal "additional resources" to tackle the problem.
‘It’s Going To Be A Long Winter’: As Chicago’s Homeless Navigate Extreme Cold, Advocacy Group Urges City To Do More
It's only November, and already one man experiencing homelessness has died from cold exposure. Advocates worry about what will happen if these frigid temperatures continue.
People Living Outside Vacant Logan Square Bank Lose Everything After City Workers Toss Belongings: Homeless Advocates
Ald. Daniel La Spata said the incident was "deeply frustrating" and is calling for better communication between people experiencing homelessness and city departments before such sweeps.