Chicago Board of Education
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Lightfoot Appoints Former Ald. Michael Scott Jr. To Chicago Board Of Education His Father Once Ran
Michael Scott Jr.'s former aldermanic seat is staying in the family, too. Last month, Lightfoot appointed his sister, Monique Scott, to replace him.
Hyde Park Local School Council Election Challenge Fails After Challengers Miss Hearing
Maira Khwaja's election hearing reflects the messiness and confusion behind the entire local school council process, she said.
A New High-Tech School Could Be Coming To The West Side — But 3 Nearby Schools Would Have To Close First
Most residents and educators — including those at the schools that would close — support the new STEAM academy. But some parents want more investments in the schools that already exist in Lawndale.
Lightfoot Won’t Support Changing Columbus Day To Indigenous Peoples Day As A City Holiday
The mayor said there was more the city could do to “elevate the history of indigenous people” in Chicago, but she does not plan to eliminate Columbus Day.