- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Illinois Is Officially Done With Cash Bail As Pretrial Fairness Act Begins
A judge still can detain someone depending on the criminal charges, or if they think a person poses a danger to the community. Money just won't be the deciding factor in someone's release.
Illinois Becomes First State To Fully Abolish Cash Bail. Here’s How Pretrial Detention Will Work Moving Forward
Instead of a judge assigning bail, the law would trigger hearings with the judge deciding whether a defendant should be held before trial, supporters said.