- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
La Casa Puertorriqueña Demolition Stalled After City Finds ‘Possible’ Asbestos
The project is on hold until developer Hispanic Housing Development Corporation follows the proper procedures, a city spokesman said.
La Casa Puertorriqueña Demolition Begins: Neighbors Hope New Puerto Rican Community Center Replaces It
But the developer behind the project, Hispanic Housing Development Corporation, hasn't said whether it will open a new community center.
Ahead Of Puerto Rican Festival And Parade, Redevelopment Of Beloved Humboldt Park Community Center Moves Forward
A demolition permit was issued for the two-story brick building at 1237 N. California Ave. on Monday. An affordable housing development with apartments geared toward families and seniors will take its place.
Humboldt Park’s Beloved Puerto Rican Community Center Sold To Nonprofit That Wants To Build Affordable Housing
Locals have been fighting to keep Casa Puertorriqueña out of the hands of luxury developers. On Thursday, they won that battle.
Attorney General’s Office Investigating Puerto Rican Parade Group Over Stolen Ticket Money Claims
Community leaders allege parade officials stole roughly $80,000 in ticket money from the parade.
Humboldt Park’s Puerto Rican Hub, Casa Puertorriqueña, In Danger Of Closing
Locals fear a developer will swoop in and buy the building in the gentrifying neighborhood.