Carter Temple CME Church
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
‘Food Truck Saturdays’ Will Bring Music, Good Eats To Chatham’s Mahalia Jackson Court This Month
Neighbors can dine on barbecue from I-94 Ribs, shrimp baskets from Haire's Gulf Shrimp and more every Saturday. The Mahalia Jackson Court opened with much fanfare in September.
Mahalia Jackson Court, A Pop-Up Plaza With Restaurants, Art And Play Space, Opens In Chatham
The court dedicated to the South Side gospel singer will have daily food trucks, live music and art from local artists. It is the first step to creating the Mahalia Jackson Cultural District along 79th Street, organizers said.
Mahalia Jackson Court, A Public Plaza With Pop-Up Businesses And Play Areas For Kids, Is Coming To Chatham This Summer
The public plaza named for the legendary gospel singer and Chatham resident will be at 79th and State, "one of the welcome intersections to Chatham," an organizer said.
A South Side Church Hopes To Bring ‘Long-Awaited’ Housing To Chatham’s 79th Street
Carter Temple CME Church wants to bring affordable housing to families and older people in the community. A $15,000 grant from the city will be used for social media, advertising and other pre-development costs.
Need A Reusable Mask? Medline Is Giving Away 100,000 Of Them Thursday
The reusable masks will be distributed from 16 sites, including Carter Temple CME Church in Chatham.