- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Protective Bike Lane Bollards Installed Where Bicyclist Was Killed Last Fall
Six months after a turning truck driver killed Carla Aiello within faded bike lanes, the city installed protective bollards to better shield bicyclists.
Faded Bike Lanes Repainted On Milwaukee Avenue 6 Months After Bicyclist Killed
After the death of Carla Aiello, safety advocates wanted a protected bike lane, not just new paint. "That was the least amount of effort that could have possibly been implemented,” one said.
Tired Of The City Not Maintaining Bike Lanes, Someone Spray Paints New Ones At Deadly Intersection
Months after a driver hit and killed cyclist Carla Aiello at Milwaukee and Kilbourn avenues, someone repainted the faded bike lanes this week.
Months After Cyclist Killed In Irving Park, Bike Lane Remains Faded
Ald. Jim Gardiner said he's trying to get the lanes repainted, but the Department of Transportation was unresponsive.
‘Please Don’t Kill Us’: After Woman Killed In Fading Irving Park Bike Lane, 200 Cyclists Demand More Protection
Years ago, Northwest Siders rejected a plan to install protected bike lanes due to parking concerns. Now, a woman is dead and bicyclists are furious.