- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
University Of Chicago Pledges Money For Violence Prevention Programs — But Who Will Get The Money, And Will It Be Enough?
Grants will start being awarded in early summer, President Paul Alivisatos said. Local activists say the grants must sustain prevention work for the long term and be accessible to smaller organizations.