Care For Real
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Inflation Is Driving Up Demand At Food Pantries — But Rising Costs Also Make It Harder For Pantries To Help
Thanks to inflation, need for food assistance is reaching levels unseen even during the pandemic. Food Pantries are stretched thin to meet the demand. "[Clients] are having to make a choice: Am I going to eat or am I going to buy medicine?" one operator said.
Edgewater Food Pantry Adding Evening Hours To Reach More Working People
Care For Real has switched its Monday food distribution hours to the evening to make it easier for people to come to the pantry outside typical workday hours.
Edgewater’s Care For Real Celebrating 50 Years Feeding People In Need With Block Party Sunday
The Edgewater food pantry founded in 1971 saw record need during the pandemic. To celebrate its 50th anniversary, it will host a block party Sunday.
Edgewater’s Care For Real Adds Drive-Thru Food Pantry Service In Rogers Park To Meet Still-High Food Demand During Pandemic
The drive-thru builds upon Care For Real's Rogers Park food pantry pop-up to better meet ongoing demand for food assistance during the pandemic.
Edgewater Nonprofit Receives Grant To Expand Rogers Park Pop-Up Food Pantry
Care For Real is one of 26 community groups to receive grants from the Greater Chicago Food Depository to address food scarcity in underserved communities.